Top Recommendations for Extended Air Travel
Top Recommendations for Extended Air
Discover our curated collection of essential travel tips for long haul flights!
- Opt for Noise-Canceling Headphones
Find the perfect pair of noise-canceling headphones to suit your preferences and enhance your comfort during travel. These headphones are invaluable for those who experience anxiety while flying or wish to tune out distracting cabin noise and chatty seat neighbors. Immerse yourself in your preferred sounds and block out unwanted disturbances.
- Embrace the Power of Eye Masks
Long flights, especially overnight ones, can make it challenging to get quality rest. With cramped seating and bright overhead lights, a restful sleep can feel elusive. Combat this by investing in an eye mask that effectively blocks out surrounding light, allowing you to recharge and prepare for the day ahead. Look for masks with hollowed-out areas around the eyes for extended wear comfort.
- Stay Hydrated and Bring Water
Air travel can lead to dehydration due to the low humidity and altitude. Studies have shown that even a 1.5% loss of water in our bodies can result in dehydration. Considering that our bodies are composed of approximately 60% water, it's crucial to stay hydrated during your flight. Prepare by drinking plenty of water before, during, and after your journey. Bring an empty reusable water bottle through security and refill it as needed to ensure continuous hydration.
- Dress for Comfort
While style is not a priority on long-haul flights, comfort is key. Airplane cabins can become chilly, so opt for comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement. Pack a pair of cozy sweatpants or leggings and layer with a lightweight jacket that can be easily stowed in your bag without taking up excessive space.
- Traveling while menstruating
What could be more inconvenient than needing to use the lavatory on a long-haul flight? Dealing with your period and having to change your pad or tampon. Thankfully, advancements in women's period products have made things much easier. Enter leak-proof underwear, offering convenience, comfort, and eliminating the need for frequent pad or tampon changes. These underwear options come in various absorbency levels to cater to your specific needs during different stages of your cycle. For a long-haul flight, opting for heavy absorbency leak-proof underwear is a smart choice. These underwear can handle up to 4 regular tampons' worth of flow, providing ultimate protection and comfort throughout your 10-hour plane journey. They also help reduce odors and can even assist with bladder leaks.
- Comfortable bra for extended flights
Let's face it, wearing an uncomfortable bra for hours on end can be a nightmare for any woman. The straps start digging into your shoulders, and the underwire becomes increasingly bothersome. Wearing a comfortable bra during long-haul flights is crucial.
- Introducing the BeautikiniEveryday Bra
The Beautikini Everyday Bra combines all the benefits and comfort of a bra without compromising on the protection you need. With no shoulder straps to dig in, it offers seamless full coverage and a scoop neck design that pairs well with various shirt necklines. The best part is that it's wireless, providing optimal comfort. Additionally, it comes with removable padded cups for customization.
- Essential items for your carry-on bag
- Face masks: Pack disposable or reusable face masks and consider bringing a spare in case of dirtiness or loss.
- Hand sanitizer: Carry hand sanitizer not only for COVID-19 prevention but also to sanitize your hands after touching various surfaces in high-traffic areas.
- Sanitary wipes: These wipes are essential for plane flights, as surfaces like tray tables can be highly germ-ridden. Look for surface wipes that kill germs on contact.
- Heating patch: If you're on your period or expecting it, packing a heating patch can be helpful in case of cramps during the long flight. These discreet patches can be placed above your underwear and last up to 12 hours.
- Headphones or earplugs: Cancel out noise around you for a more peaceful travel experience.
- Entertainment: Bring a book or a computer to keep yourself entertained during the flight.
- Neck pillow: If it's a red-eye flight, a neck pillow can provide added comfort and support.
- Lightweight throw blanket: Pack an ultra-lightweight throw blanket in case the cabin gets chilly.
As women, we often feel the need to be extra prepared and packed for flights, especially long-haul journeys lasting over 6 or 12 hours. The best advice is to make a checklist of essentials for both your checked luggage and carry-on bag. If you're on your period during your vacation, consider purchasing a mesh laundry bag for your period underwear. This will keep your period underwear separate from your clean clothes, and you can even wash them in the mesh bag. It doesn't get any easier than that!